Free Conference Calls - Reviews and FAQs
When Web conferencing
first emerged on the scene as a communication option to bridge the geographic boundaries companies were facing, the technology was less than optimal. Connections were somewhat slow, communications were choppy and the ability to get a clear picture of the other party and important key elements to the conference was practically non-existent. These challenges certainly kept many from even attempting to implement this process internally.
Fast forward to today and the technology options available in Web conferencing make the experience almost as good as being in the same room. High speed connections, high definition video and digital audio all create a virtual experience that can also incorporate shared documents and applications to keep everyone on the same page. Despite these technological advances, however, some companies are still hesitant to implement this communication option.
The Benefits Examined
Whether it is a fear of the unknown or worry over the security of such communications, let's take a look at the benefits that Web conferencing can provide.
• Support - when a key player on your team is located in another city, state or country, you need to be able to collaborate on a consistent basis. Web conferencing provides the perfect portal so you can get - and give - the necessary support to keep your projects moving forward.
• Experience - when a project is on the table that can make or break your fiscal year, do you really want the weight of the entire thing solely on you? Web conferencing allows you to draw from your more experienced colleagues and bring them into the process.
• Safety in Numbers - some can always produce a better outcome than one. When you incorporate Web conferencing into the process, you can draw on ideas and opinions of others to produce a better overall result.
• Learning - it is always more productive to learn by talking and interacting with others than it is by simply reading on your own.
• Contact - regular contact with other members of your team is so important for optimal performance in any situation. When you take advantage of the technologies available to you, the outcome is better for all involved.
In an ideal environment, you have the optimal time to spend on projects or other initiatives that drive revenue for the company and move business initiatives forward. If collaboration with offsite team members is necessary and beneficial, Web conferencing allows you to have that access without spending wasted hours traveling. At the same time, you can schedule these conferences according to everyone's calendar to derive the most benefit. Streamlined communication really can drive results; take advantage of the technology to make it happen.